Starting a business can be daunting. For some it may even feel impossible, but we are here to tell you not to worry. Sometimes all it takes to get started is a little motivation! Below we have put together a compilation of entrepreneur quotes to help you get your business going.
Entrepreneur Quotes for Those Who Have Failed
- “Failure is not the opposite of success. It is the stepping stone to success.”
– Arianna Huffington
- “It’s fine to celebrate success but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.” – Bill Gates
- “Failure is an option here. If things are not failing, you are not innovating enough.” – Elon Musk
- “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” – Robert F. Kennedy
- “When we give ourselves permission to fail, we, at the same time, give ourselves permission to excel.”– Eloise Ristad
Failing is a part of business and life. In fact, there is a lot to learn from it. Accepting failures and learning from them is a huge step in getting your business going. Even the most successful entrepreneurs have failed first.
Entrepreneur Quotes for Those Just Starting Out
- “Don’t start a business. Find a problem. Solve a problem. The business comes second.” – Robert Herjavec
- “In business, it is most often all about getting your foot in the door, and once you do, everything opens up and things start to naturally progress into bigger, and more, opportunities.” – Lori Greiner
- “Be patient with yourself. Self-growth is tender, it’s holy ground. There’s no greater investment.”– Stephen Covey
- “Desire is the key to motivation, but it’s determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal – a commitment to excellence – that will enable you to attain the success you seek.” – Mario Andretti
- “Dream big. Start small. But most of all, start.” – Simon Sinek
Beginnings are the hardest thing and when you are just starting out it can seem daunting. The best thing you can do is see this as an opportunity to not only grow a business but to also grow as an individual. Allowing yourself to do that gives way to patience, determination, and commitment.
Entrepreneur Quotes for Taking on Investors
- “A seasoned start-up investor will understand that your plan will often play out differently than you projected and will expect course corrections.” – Janette Barnard
- “An entrepreneur must pitch a potential investor for what the company is worth as well as sell the dream on how much of a profit can be made.”– Daymond John
- “If you have something to talk about, investors will reach out to you. Never discount the value of a cold call.” – Michael Koenig, president of ScoutPro, Inc.
- “Funding is only relevant to the extent that it helps you build a better business faster. You’re inherently giving up part of your company when you take on investors, so you should find a way to fund your growth through profits if possible. But not at the expense of growth.”– Janette Barnard, founder and CEO of The Poultry Exchange
- “If you can’t come clean and tell investors how and why you failed, that raises a red flag. They need to see that you learned from it and came back stronger.” – Daymond John
Taking on investors is a part of business and one many can be frightened of. Best thing to do is listen to others who have had experience with investors and see this as simply another step towards your goals.
Entrepreneur Quotes for Successful Networking
- “The successful networkers I know, the ones receiving tons of referrals and feeling truly happy about themselves, continually put the other person’s needs ahead of their own.” – Bob Burg
- “If you want to go somewhere, it is best to find someone who has already been there.” – Robert Kiyosaki
- “You can make more friends in two months by becoming interested in other people than you can in two years by trying to get other people interested in you.” – Dale Carnegie
- “Networking is marketing. Marketing yourself, marketing your uniqueness, marketing what you stand for.” – Christine Comaford-Lynch
- “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
Networking is a huge part of business. Who you know and do business with can ultimately help your endeavors get off the ground and running. Not only that, but knowing people who have been in your shoes can give you the perspective and help you need to keep going.
Short Motivational Quotes for Existing Small Businesses
- “Success is the sum of small efforts, repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
- “Small business isn’t for the faint of heart. It’s for the brave, the patient and the persistent. It’s for the overcomer.” – Unknown
- “What you do today can improve all your tomorrows.” – Ralph Marston
- “Everyone who achieves success in a great venture solves each problem as they came. They helped themselves and they were helped through powers known and unknown to them at the time they set out on their voyage. They keep going regardless of the obstacles they meet.” – W. Clement Stone
- “Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.” – Albert Einstein
Even after you have an established small business everyday things problems can pop up and feel like the end of the world. Don’t let those moments get you down! Every small business owner has them. When it is all said and done, continuing on and persevering is the best thing you can do.
The Smart Hack
If you need more advice on how to start a business or motivation for making that first leap, we have more tips and guides to help you start out on the right path!
When it comes to starting something new or even starting over, the beginning is always hard. When faced with getting your business off the ground it is always a good thing to listen to others who have been where you are now. Advice and motivation can be what you need to hear most to get started and put your plans into action.